Uniquely Lovable Nursery. What Baby (or Mom or Dad) Doesn’t Need Warm Fuzzies? DYI, Craft and Novelty Items and Ideas to Create Your Dream Nursery
What child doesn’t have a natural love towards animals, including “farm animals”? (Unfortunately, we live in a time when the realities of a “farm” are generally a far cry from the idyllic images we sing about in nursery rhymes.) How wonderful it is to nurture this natural love, curiosity and genuine affection from the very start. And there is no better way to do that than to surround children with comforting images of animals and teach them that people should be kind to all the creatures with which we share this planet.
Barnyard Animal Themed Nursery offers many wonderful benefits:
- The decor has universal appeal and is also gender-neutral, so they make for a perfect gift request if you don’t know or don’t wish to announce whether you will be having a boy or a girl. You can’t go wrong with the “farm animals theme”
- The decor is flexible; you to choose your favorite animals or color variations. The choices include cows, lambs, chickens and even pigs, and they come in a large variety of colors. Whether you prefer brights or pastels, light or dark colors, you will have no trouble finding just the right decor to fit the theme as well as your color preferences.
- In many cases, the same decor is versatile and can be used for multiple purposes, and even switched around in the future, to decorate the nursery crib, the floor and the walls, to give the room a fresh look every few months if desired.
- The decor is exceptionally adorable. What could be cuter than a Pink or Spotted Piglet, a Beautiful Baby Calf with big expressive eyes and cute ears or the Fluffy Pouncing Lamb?
- The decor is affordable. Animal Themed Nursery can be done on the budget. There is no need to go to one expensive place and buy the entire set of furniture and matching decor at once. You can mix and match many different items, including the ones you can pick up as a bargain or even make yourself.
- It grows with your child. Little ones will giggle and smile at the “lamby” and you can use your nursery decor as a teaching tool, pointing out shapes, textures, colors and animals.
- You can tailor objects to your taste, make it as modern or vintage as you wish, or turn it into a charmingly eclectic room.
- You don’t have to buy standard products - animal nursery theme allows you to look for many unique and one-of-a-kind products and furnishings. Give it a try by going on Etsy or any other site that showcases artists and handmade crafts.
- You may not think of yourself as someone capable of sewing, ceramics, painting, beading, knitting and making toys, but guess what?
You CAN make truly unique things for your child that show your love without too much skill or effort. Whether your children have an affinity to a piggy, cow, lamb, bunny or, as one of mine did, a duck for their special lovey, the things you make yourself will be the ones that they will treasure forever, that will always remind them of your love and also, inspire them to be creative and try making things with their own hands and your help, strengthening the bond you have with your child.
With a wealth of ideas, tutorials, blueprints and instructions at your fingertips you can start your Farm Animals Nursery by creating adorable mobiles, toys, bedding… and don’t forget BIRTHDAY PARTY POSSIBILITIES!
I hope you will consider the theme of animals for your baby’s nursery. Whether you choose
or an entire barnyard full of friends, I wish you the best of luck with your decorating endeavors. Enjoy every moment with your child and teach your precious boy or girl to respect all living things, to cherish our planet and to welcome people and animals into their life and be kind as they set out on their own path.
Mom of two children (and one dog), a Jill of all trades,
arts-and-crafts aficionado, small business entrepreneur, anti-animal cruelty advocate and domestic goddess..
- paulina hubli